CBIZ Human Capital Services – Compensation Consulting Services
Compensation is generally the largest portion of an HR budget. As such, it is critical that your compensation programs are competitive, fair, and legally compliant. Our team of experts will work with you to design, implement, and communicate employee and executive compensation and reward programs that help drive organizational success.
Base Compensation Program Development
• Conduct external market analysis (published &/or private survey data)
• Perform job evaluation
• Develop salary structure(s)
• Calculate financial impact
• Develop implementation plan
Incentive Plan Design & Administration
• Develop reward & recognition programs
• Address funding, performance criteria, participants, size of award, allocation & payout modeling
• Administration, incl. monitor/maintain performance criteria & calculate payouts for management approval
Executive & Director Compensation Analyses
• Evaluate total remuneration competitiveness & effectiveness, incl. base salary, annual incentives, long-term incentives, stock options, perquisites, etc.
• Long-term incentive plan design based on best practices, market competitive LTI levels, tax & accounting implications of different LTI vehicles
Reasonable Compensation Opinions
• Conduct analysis to evaluate competitiveness of key executives’ total compensation
• Non-Profit Organizations: determine whether executive compensation packages meet Intermediate Sanctions provisions
Litigation Support Services
Marital dissolution cases involving closely-held companies tend to involve discussions regarding compensation, especially when one or both parties are employed by the company. In addition, the Internal Revenue Service is increasingly focusing on ensuring compensation deductions are reasonable. In both instances, the question of reasonableness is of high importance.
CBIZ’s Compensation Consulting Division is composed of professionals with experience in compensation-related matters. CBIZ has expertise in the following areas of reasonable compensation:
• Family law
• IRS challenges to reasonable compensation
• Intermediate Sanctions
CBIZ’s compensation professional have diverse backgrounds including experience in the fields of human resources, accounting and finance. As a result, clients will benefit from a comprehensive reasonableness assessment that may extend beyond compensation to include associated factors such as corporate performance and tax considerations. The Compensation Consulting Division takes pride in taking a customized and systematic approach in reviewing each client’s compensation practices. We consistently deliver professional opinions well-supported by information collected from the client and CBIZ’s resources, which consists of an expansive published compensation survey library.
*Visit our Compensation Consulting Blog for current articles, information and multi-media presentations and resources.
CBIZ HUMAN CAPITAL SERVICES
One City Place Drive, Suite 570
St. Louis, MO 63141